Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – UPDATE 01.08.2020
Penbont House will be opening indoors on 3rd August 2020, as well as opening the Bed & Breakfast. We have carefully considered the spacing of tables and access points to ensure social distancing inside. We also have the outdoor and marquee seating areas which should allow visitors to find a space they are comfortable in.
Our coronavirus safeguards include:
- A one way system in place-entry through the side door, exit through the tea room.
- Clear signage will be in place on floors, walls and doors
- Entry and exit to toilets will be through fire doors in conservatory
- Sanitiser will be provided on a sanitiser stand prior to entering the building, and also at toilet entry point
- All condiments will be in single use sachets-customers will need to ask when ordering
- All cakes will be pre wrapped
- Teas and coffees and majority of menu will be available to take away
- Single use menus-laminated menus will need to be wiped constantly
- Picnics available to take away
- Afternoon teas are available to eat at the premises or takeaway (pre order only)
- Increased use of sanitiser in all areas
- Toilets will be in use, and cleaned and checked regularly (at least hourly by a member of staff)
- Paper towels not flannels in washrooms
Please remember that whilst this may be a new experience for yourself, it is also a new way of working for our team too.
Bed & Breakfast
We expect to open the B&B on Monday 3rd August, with the exception of Pen y Garreg the single room which has been set aside for staff usage.
In accordance with guidance all rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before and after each guests. Rooms have also had non-essential soft furnishings removed; such as throws, and cushions, so we may look a little white or clinical but it is a measure to reduce the risk of cross-contamination. Our linen is sent to professional cleaners using the necessary high temperature washes.We have also purchased additional duvets and pillows to allow rotations if a layover/airing is not achievable. The new duvets are summer 4.5 tog editions as the rooms do get warm through the summer and these lightweight options should also be aired more effectively.
To the first floor there is a sanitiser point which we request guests use as they enter and exit, and when they use the kettle. Unfortunately due to the generator we can not put a kettle in each room, thus this is shared. We are providing antibacterial wipes and sanitiser and request that all guests use it before handling the facilities.
There is certain information that we do require guests to agree to, this can be viewed here: Penbont coronavirus terms to agree to.
It is crucial, that in accordance with Government Guidance, if you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus/COVID19 then you should not visit the premises. If you are due to stay overnight, please call and we can arrange a cancellation and refund.
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – UPDATE 17.07.20
WE ARE OPEN!!!
Penbont House has reopened to the public – outdoor area only. We have a marquee for the less nice days, a one way system in place within the building, and toilets are open. Please follow all social distancing rules, wash your hands and sanitise regularly. We are also offering a takeaway service if all tables are full outside. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hope to reopen the interior as soon as Government Guidance advises we can do so
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – UPDATE 19.06.20
We will remain closed as per Government Guidance for Hospitality businesses. The Elan Valley is open to locals as from 19.06.20 who will travel no more than 5 miles from home. Please take your rubbish home with you. We will follow the Government guidelines and will be opening in some capacity as soon as it is safe to do so, keep an eye on social media for more updates
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – Coronavirus / COVID 19 Update 23.03.2020
As a result of new Government Guidance Penbont House is now closed for the foreseeable future. Once guidance is issued to the contrary we will reopen.
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – Coronavirus / COVID 19 Update 19.03.2020
Here at the Elan Valley Trust we have been watching and following the Government’s guidance and advice with regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Given the current status of things we acknowledge that the Elan Valley has a huge potential as a power for good, with open access to the resource promoting and protecting our personal wellbeing in these trying times.
With this in mind we are proposing:
Penbont House – it is our proposal that Penbont House remains open with a different offering. We are proposing to open a kiosk type service where take-away food and drinks can be purchased and eaten outside/off-site.
We will be doing our best to protect staff and guests and as such
- Please do not approach the property if you, or anyone you live with/care for, are showing symptoms of the virus,
- Staff will be wearing gloves, in additional to the required hand washing and hand sanitiser requirements,
- Hand sanitiser will be available to customers,
- We will be promoting the use of the contactless card payments, with cash as the backup,
- We will not be allowing the public inside the premises,
- All food and drink will be take-away, which will limit the menu to; pre-packed sandwiches, pre-packed homemade cakes, hot soup, sausage and chips, fishcake and chips, chips, snacks (crisps and chocolate) hot teas and coffee, and cold drinks.
These measures are being taken to best protect our staff and the public, please respect them.
We are looking at this offering as a public service to help promote access to the Estate and access to an amenity at a time when it could be most needed.
This limited service will commence on Friday 20th March but is subject to change with Government guidance.