Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – UPDATE 17.07.20
WE ARE OPEN!!!
Penbont House has reopened to the public – outdoor area only. We have a marquee for the less nice days, a one way system in place within the building, and toilets are open. Please follow all social distancing rules, wash your hands and sanitise regularly. We are also offering a takeaway service if all tables are full outside. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hope to reopen the interior as soon as Government Guidance advises we can do so
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – UPDATE 19.06.20
We will remain closed as per Government Guidance for Hospitality businesses. The Elan Valley is open to locals as from 19.06.20 who will travel no more than 5 miles from home. Please take your rubbish home with you. We will follow the Government guidelines and will be opening in some capacity as soon as it is safe to do so, keep an eye on social media for more updates
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – Coronavirus / COVID 19 Update 23.03.2020
As a result of new Government Guidance Penbont House is now closed for the foreseeable future. Once guidance is issued to the contrary we will reopen.
Elan Valley Trust & Penbont House – Coronavirus / COVID 19 Update 19.03.2020
Here at the Elan Valley Trust we have been watching and following the Government’s guidance and advice with regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Given the current status of things we acknowledge that the Elan Valley has a huge potential as a power for good, with open access to the resource promoting and protecting our personal wellbeing in these trying times.
With this in mind we are proposing:
Penbont House – it is our proposal that Penbont House remains open with a different offering. We are proposing to open a kiosk type service where take-away food and drinks can be purchased and eaten outside/off-site.
We will be doing our best to protect staff and guests and as such
- Please do not approach the property if you, or anyone you live with/care for, are showing symptoms of the virus,
- Staff will be wearing gloves, in additional to the required hand washing and hand sanitiser requirements,
- Hand sanitiser will be available to customers,
- We will be promoting the use of the contactless card payments, with cash as the backup,
- We will not be allowing the public inside the premises,
- All food and drink will be take-away, which will limit the menu to; pre-packed sandwiches, pre-packed homemade cakes, hot soup, sausage and chips, fishcake and chips, chips, snacks (crisps and chocolate) hot teas and coffee, and cold drinks.
These measures are being taken to best protect our staff and the public, please respect them.
We are looking at this offering as a public service to help promote access to the Estate and access to an amenity at a time when it could be most needed.
This limited service will commence on Friday 20th March but is subject to change with Government guidance.